Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our new addition

I have been wanting a spinning wheel for years--literally over a decade. I first wanted one when I learned to weave and then like a gateway drug learned to spin. But then I was a poor college student and couldn't afford a wheel. Fast forward years and I learn to knit and that leads me back to my spinning love. But now I'm paying off being a poor college student and have 4 children. So I saved bits and bobs of cash here and there hoping one day I'd find something great. And Friday morning thanks to a nice man on Craigslist who realized he should just stick to knitting, a 2010 Ashford Traditional walked through my door for a very affordable price. It also came with a ton of wonderful wool to spin. My boys think I bought them a pirate wheel to drive so I'm going to have to lock it away from their grubby little fingers. But I probably will try and teach them to spin a little. Beckett keep treadling and telling me, "Mom, I'm making yarn!" I need to oil it and adjust the drive band that you can see hanging off, but I took these pictures as soon as it arrived. I'm in love!!!


He had already spun a little and left this on the bobbin since there is more of this wool to spin.

All the great fiber and a niddy noddy for making skeins.

3 comments:

  1. That is SO COOL! Can't wait to see what you do with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawnell - you are so so so AWESOME!! That makes me want to spin and I had no desire before this very moment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! It seems like something that would also be really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete