Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

So yesterday was my first official Mother's Day. Even though Chris always used to give me some little present in honor of my mother potential, this year he had to really deliver the goods. He finally decided that little sparkly things were a good idea. So I got a combined "Hey you pushed out a baby" and "Mother's Day" present in the form of a beautiful necklace. I'd take a picture of me wearing it but the lactation consultants keep telling me to hang out at home topless to aid in healing and we're not that kind of a blog. I promise I'll get one up in a day or two.


Beckett also got in on the action and gave me a nice card and candy and flowers. He's already showering his mother with gifts. Here he is arrayed with all his gifts to surprise me.


7 comments:

  1. sparkly things are always very nice, and greatly appreciated! Good job Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylie wasn't nearly as generous with me for mothers day! Beckett is so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's so thoughtful - i can't imagine what he'll think of when he is one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Beckett is already giving candy -- it's the perfect gift as Dad can enjoy it as well.

    Good move on the necklace Chris -- a fair compromise: Dawnell gets sparkly and you kill two birds with one nice piece of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I was fairly pleased when Beckett got chocolate. I almost thought it was father's day when dawnell was so kind as to share her bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't want to pose topless on your blog? Just blurr out the bad parts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There might have been controversy over receiving a sparkly present for giving birth, but there's definitely no controversy when the sparkly present was in honor of BOTH giving birth and very first Mother's Day. Great timing on Beckett's part.

    ReplyDelete