Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It was a good year at the Moon house. Between Black Friday, mommy getting better at sewing and knitting, and lots of involved and loving relatives the kids made out pretty well for Christmas.

But before we get to Christmas we have to give you the count down to it.

Thanks again to Olivia Beckett decided we needed a tree topper. I agree, we did need that, but I hadn't been able to find one I liked. However, it was really bugging Beckett that we didn't have a star on our tree like Olivia. So on December 23 Beckett and Daddy went out in an attempt to find a tree topper. As you can imagine pickings are a little slim at that date. However they returned triumphant, kind of, with one giant and one tiny option.






Mommy decided bigger was better so I switched them later.




Christmas Eve we went to our friend's house and had a lovely and ENORMOUS dinner with three other couples. (None of whom are pictured as we were too busy eating to photograph people. Here's a little menu sampler: bacon wrapped dates, spinach artichoke dip, garlic cheese bread, enchilada dip, meatballs, twice baked potatoes, sausage stuffed pears, butternut squash soup and yummy salad, fruit and vegetables.)




After our big party we went home to bed and before you know it, we awoke and it was


Christmas Morning

Here is the big loot.







And here is the moment when Beckett first sees it all. (In a side note I made his pajamas and I think they turned out pretty cute.)




Ciaran was in a festive mood.


He enjoyed his new jumper, but didn't do a ton of jumping. He took a nap for most of the present opening.

Beckett declared, "I am the king!" as soon as he put this crown on.


He likes his new bike (that I got FREE!!! Now we just need warmer weather or a longer hall.)


Here's a new fun playmat he got and in the corner by the bouncy chair you can see this cute car caddy I made from a pattern my friend Jill had. I am quite proud of it.



Beckett immediately asked to take a bath when he opened his bath basketball set. We got him to wait until we had finished opening presents, but then he disappeared and I found him in the bathroom with his pants off and the diaper half off. We agreed to his wish for a bath at that point.



Chris and I actually managed some presents in the midst of all this too. Thank you to all of you who sent such wonderful and thoughtful gifts. It's been a wonderful day, but we miss you terribly.

Love, Chris Dawnell, Beckett and Ciaran.

5 comments:

  1. What's the toy that looks like a T-Rex head split open? I'm very intrigued by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Moons! Wish you were here to share our Julia Child's Christmas Dinner...
    Beouf Burginion (the real thing-4 hours of cooking!), horseradish mashed potatoes and strawberry bavarain cream. Great job on the sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That menu sounds AMAZING!

    So proud of all your homemade gifts and the great deals you got for your kids, did you and Chris exchange this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Christmas was totally lovely. Beckett should get his gift before he turns 25 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gifts my kids like the most are the ones I made, and the ones you made! Funny how that works out! Thanks for letting me come and sew at your place!

    ReplyDelete