Friday, February 18, 2011

24 Weeks

I had another ultrasound yesterday to check how the babies are growing. They are doing great. They are right on target and heads, bellies, legs and arms are all the sizes they should be. I got cleared to wait another 4 weeks for the next ultrasound. At that point I'll be 28 weeks along and that's generally when one twin starts to outstrip the other in size. Then I'll probably be going in every 2-3 weeks to monitor them. Baby A is 1lb 7 oz and Baby B is 1lb 5oz. I have as much baby in me now as I did when Ciaran was born! This is kind of a meaningless size difference and doesn't count as one baby getting larger than the other. Right now they're hanging out bunk bed style which explains why my right ribs have been taking a beating from top bunker Baby B. It also reveals why at 23 weeks I measured the size of someone 31 weeks pregnant. They are stretching up, up, up which happens to be the way they measure things instead of chilling next to each other and stretching around. Oh, and they are both still boys.

Baby A was a little shy and kept turning away from the camera so we only managed one picture of him.
Baby B was showing off and cutely taking little drinks of fluid opening and closing his mouth so he got a lot of picture time.



We tried to get a picture of them together but due to their positioning it's really just a picture of circles since we're looking at the tops of their heads.

3 comments:

  1. This is all so amazing! I can hardly believe the pictures. These little guys take my breath away. I think baby B probably ought to get used to a top bunk since there is probably one in his future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine. It's so fascinating to hear about the journey with twins...I hope you're feeling better and getting lots of rest! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are just as they should be. My ribs are aching with you. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete