Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tagadelic

The rules:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Fact 1: I rule at the claw game. You know the game where you sink in lots of quarters to win a stuffed animal worth a dime?


Well, evidently I am amazing at it. I never played as a kid because my parents rightly (or wrongly in my skilled case) wouldn't let us waste money on it. Well in February of this year I found this hidden talent. My work had a pre-tax season party at Dave and Busters. It's a bar but with games for drunk guys and their kids. We each got a card with money on it to go and have at the games. Well check out my haul:
That's right, that's 3 stuffed animals, a watch, a "gold" chain, headphones, and a laptop. Okay, I didn't claw the headphones and laptop.





Fact 2: Whenever I throw a party I think no one is going to come. I don't think I have low self esteem, but for some reason when I'm hostess I always think that people will have other things come up or just decide it's too much bother. And then I'll end up like this guy all sad and alone with my balloons and party hats that are mandatory at every party I throw so why wouldn't people want to come? :-)










Fact 3: I secretly stare at or subtly investigate the cd collection of new people I meet to see if we could be good friends. Looking in someones medicine cabinet is pointless, who cares if you have athletes foot or a yeast infection? Plus that's really invasive and nosy. But a cd collection is displayed in public places and it tells you a lot more pertinent and interesting information. In some ways I'm like Rob, John Cusak's character from High Fidelity when he says, “It’s not what you’re like. It’s what you like.” Stuff like that does matter.
Fact 4: I love puzzle video games. I rule at Tetris and Dr. Mario. I have conquered the game.
Although I do have to admit that this guy is better than me. This video is amazing even though it made me feel sad about my own skills when Chris sent it to me. http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/AeolqE5wAOM.html
Fact 5: I like making my own baby food. I started doing it to save a little money and to make sure Beckett got the freshest food possible, but it turns out I really like it. I thought it would be a sacrifice, but it would be for the greater good, etc. etc. But it's not a sacrifice. It's kind of fun. I like steaming all the stuff and blending it up. Plus I'm not afraid to taste the food and check the temperature when I feed Beckett. In fact I kind of like eating it. Smooth food is strangely appealing.
Fact 6: Sometimes I really want to punch people. I mean really. People are so clueless. They run into you, push you, cut in front of you, give you no service. Sometimes I wish I was like some martial arts expert and could take all comers and just kick the crap out of people. How satisfying.
I now tag Sheryl, Erin, Mary, Candace, Ann and Jill.

10 comments:

  1. Oh man, now I have to think of 6 things instead of 3, like Mark and Melanie did.

    Fun facts, but I thought I was the one who judged people on their CD collections. I know I think just a little less of someone who willingly listens to Jack Johnson or John Mayer or...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what would you think of the person whose last 2 cd purchases were Sarah's "Wintersong" and Maroon 5's "title that is too long to type"??
    I am kind of with you on the punching thing - it's sort of like Mark's pushing old people, but for a purpose and not just for old people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Did my CD pass the test? I do have duran duran, maybe I should hide that? I OWN Dr. Mario and have an original nintendo on which to play it, I think we should have a play off (I bet Tom Wilson, on his home court, he thought he could bet a girl at Dr. Mario!) I also have weird rage issues, but I dont have any skills at the claw! This was so fun I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also meant beat, maybe it's the "a" key, maybe it is "operational error" who knows? Oh yes and I will always come to your parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawnell - I totally have the same worry syndrome about parties and I am glad that I have my CD's hidden because I think most people would think I am really boring. Maybe they do without even seeing my CD's??? Hmmmm...something new to think about. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, Dawnell, that last comment was me, Alicia who is your friend - I am signed on unintentionally as my sister who is visiting - sorry about that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breanna and Tom did have a "Doctor Mario Off". It was intense, to say the least!
    I always worry no one will show up to my parties, that may be why I have not had a gather at my place since I was in elementary school!
    I guess I fooled you, since I don't even have a CD collection! Ha, what are you going to do now?! I guess that makes me a loser,huh? I just realized...
    P.S. I was telling Tom about our conversation at the park yesterday and he said it was nice that I have a friend that I have so much in common with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey

    this was a very fascinating read indeed... so have you actually checked out the new "in rainbows" album from Radiohead? If you dig this than you are way beyond cool, you are fabtacular.

    rOn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ron, are you MY Ron? Why the crap aren't you commenting on MY blog? Rude if it's you.

    I LOVE that you want to punch people, because I OFTEN feel the same way about...well...everyone. It's one of my catch phrases lately, "And I just wanted to punch her," I don't know that I really WOULD punch them, but it would probably make me feel better.

    If you ever really do it, tell me how it feels...

    I didn't know you made your own baby food! I was going to do that for the first time with Mayci and then she HATED anything pureed. I was kind of bummed.

    Fun facts! It makes me miss you more though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um...you're worrying me. You haven't updated in a long time...where are you?!??

    ReplyDelete