Monday, March 17, 2008

Jazz Baby

Living in the New York metro area Beckett only gets two chances a year to see his favorite team play basketball. Beckett had plans when the Jazz played against the Knicks earlier in the year (something about being a really tiny baby), but he made us get some tickets for the game Saturday night against the Nets.

Here's Beckett getting ready for the game in his pre-game Jazz outfit. By the time it was time to go to the game he wanted to go in his pajamas, just in case. Lucky for us Beckett also owns Jazz pajamas.



Here's Beckett in his too cute jammies. Hey Beckett, give me back my seat. And my ticket!




Here's a Beckett head in front of the court. We were going to take some pictures four rows in front of us in the aisle separating the lower lower bowl from the upper lower bowl where we were sitting, but the crabby old usher lady wouldn't let Beckett stand in the aisle for 20 seconds.



Here's the happy Jazz family. Beckett in Jazz jammies, daddy in Jazz track jacket (and Jazz jersey underneath), and mommy in old school Jazz t-shirt. Quite the good sport for someone who doesn't really care about sports.



You'll notice that we are all happy. That's because this picture was taken before the game. Sadly the Jazz decided that defense is unnecessary and ended up losing in the final seconds.

Other than the whole losing thing, we had lots of fun. Beckett had a rough time there in the first quarter, but he was quite the trooper in the second half. Beckett told me after the game that mommy and Beckett are going alone next year, as daddy has NEVER seen the Jazz win a game in the New York metro area. 0-5 now. Every year they defeated the Knicks at MSG I was either studying for finals or already in Utah after finals. So, yea, I'm starting to think I might be a jinx.

6 comments:

  1. That's funny how the fans in the arena look pretty sparse. Is that the norm when LeBron isn't in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE basketball games! I hope you had fun despite the loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great. Are those Jazz fans in front of you? Beckett you can come with uncle Craig sometime to a game. I think he misses your Dad (someone to talk sports and law with).Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So dang cute! And man Becks is a trooper. Car would never sit still I dont think!

    Oh and those pink seats are simply Beeeutiful!!

    Wish we could have gone with you~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a perfect looking happy little family. It warms my inky black heart.

    I love jammies on kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brad and I always thought we were jinxes too (games in California), so we didn't go to any games in New York. I wish our families would feel like they were jinxes for BYU when the play UNLV...

    ReplyDelete