Monday, November 10, 2008

Feeling Crafty

I have been feeling crafty, but I can't set up my sewing machine and I'm sick of knitting hats. I decided to pull out a book, Claire Garland's Dream Toys, and find a project. I first found Claire Garland with her book Knitted Babes. I asked Chris to get it for me and he thought I was kidding since it's toys, but he found it last minute hidden behind other things in a Joann's in a Christmas miracle kind of way.

So here is the horse I decided to make.


My construction skills may still need a little work, but I think it looks pretty good.



I hope Beckett will like it, but shhh, don't tell, it's for Christmas.

10 comments:

  1. I want one!! So so cute. You are so good at knitting now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawnell! That is ADORABLE! He will love it to death...what a good mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawnell! That is awesome! What a cute lookin' horsey and Beckett will love it! I'll try to keep my lips sealed, I can't promise anything though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally finished my stocking from our "sewing" group from many years ago when we all lived in NYC - talk about slacker!! Why can't you set up your machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie-- Currently we need a table sturdy enough to hold Dawnell's vintage (i.e., super heavy) sewing machine. She's on her way to Ikea right now to see if she can get us a new dining room set so that she can move our other table downstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy pony Batman! That is so adorable, I wish I was half as crafty as you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding me? That's amazing!! No construction improvement needed!! I wish I lived close still and that you were still my visiting teacher so I could bribe you/guilt trip you into making me one!! ;) That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! Couldn't be cuter, seriously. I think it will inspire Beckett to become a cowboy. And who doesn't love a cowboy?

    ReplyDelete