Monday, January 19, 2009

Circle of Life

About 30 years ago my grandparents gave me a wooden rocking horse. It's solid wood, pretty heavy, and takes up space. Living in a studio in Manhattan, followed by a one bedroom in Jersey City, I never even thought of passing it on to my own kids, at least not without a move back to Utah.

But my mother's insistence and my stepfather's connections got the rocking horse out here, and I'm pleased to report that Beckett loves it. These pictures aren't posed either, Beckett was just loving on the horse.





6 comments:

  1. That is darling! Mayci has a crib of mine from a thousand years ago (a slight exaggeration) and although it doesnt match one thing in her room it's one of her prized posessions. You can tell it's from the same generation as Beckett's horse, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture. It looks like he's just chillin' with his new homeslice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    You have made my day! Thank you for sharing the pics with all of us. I'm so glad little B likes his new "old" friend. It sure brings back memories.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! He looks so cute just hangn' with his horse. Your Mom was so excited to give it to Beckett so I am glad he loves it. Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, rocking horses are only bested by parents who insist that you pass them down. Good job grandma and grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so rare nowadays to have a child's toy that can be passed down from generation to generation. Beckett is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete