Sunday, May 23, 2010

How is this news?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/05/23/baby-beckett-tastes-pop-rocks/

Somehow our 2 year old video of Beckett eating poprocks has gone viral. It has over 131,000 views. Several major websites have randomly featured it and we've had requests from others like Cheezburger to feature it still more. Youtube told us we could monetize it somehow and G4 TV's Web Soup Show asked us if they could feature it. We said no. Well, actually we said nothing, which when you need a release, is a no. For the most part people are positive, but there are people who think we should have our children taken away from us for the horrible child abuse we perpetrated on defenseless Beckett. And evidently my off the cuff, "In the name of experimental parenting" has had way too much read into it. So we have removed all our videos from Youtube, except the poprocks video because quite frankly we are now a little interested to see how many hits it will get before it inevitably goes back into the faceless anonymity of cyberspace where we meant for it to stay. This means that if you look at old videos on our blog that are Youtube videos they will no longer be there. We are one step away from a private blog...

12 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing! Beckett is a you-tube super star! As for all your critics, they have no sense of humor and therefore would make terrible parents. Beckett is cute, fun and well-adjusted. You are wonderful parents! Any good parent knows that every day is an "experiment in parenting".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap. Wrote you a long funny e-mail that got chewed up. Stupid blog. Loved the video (seen it before). Tell all the pearl clutching "think of the children" people to piss off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOSH! Well, I think it's hilarious but I'd be pissed if my videos got put on other people's websites...note to self: No public videos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT THE? It went viral?! You're famous!!! Hahahahaha! It's just because you make such incredibly cute babies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that you have cute kids, but I'm also all about privacy. If you decide to go private, I would love to be included.

    Crazy that your pop rocks would be so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw a picture of Beckett on AOL as news and he was also cited in the accompanying article. Do they have your permission? And it's definitely time to go private!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how random and weird! (The internet situation, not the video. Which was and still is awesome.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh, now that I've actually read through some of the comments (on other sites) regarding Beckett's pop rocks video, it just confirms my opinion that most people are idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What!? That is so funnY! I want in if you go private! Beckett is so cute, they just couldn't resist! And now I just want to see the dang video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, I missed the video. I want to see it now!! I can't believe that it went viral. That would freak me out a little, I'd go private too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed it! It never ceases to amaze me how many people out there are just positive they are better at parenting my kids than me. Especially in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Private, private!!

    I can only image what people would think of my parenting. I let my kids have...pixie sticks!!!

    ReplyDelete