Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ciaran is ONE!

Our tiny little Ciaran is a giant, grande one year old. I can't wait for his one year appointment on June 18. I don't know how big he is, but it's a whole lot bigger than this:


Quite a contrast to this active little guy
(Okay this is Beckett's crown, but poor Ciaran is really getting the raw end of the second child stick with about zero birthday preparations on our part, so I put the crown on him for festive purposes.)


And Chris and I continue to prove that we are inhuman monsters and the worst parents alive as we allow our second child to have demon sugar.

(And that monkey on my back was delicious. Red velvet cake from Juniors.)

In developmentally appropriate fashion Ciaran attempts to eat his presents open. Thank you Grandma.



Mommy and Ciaran.

Daddy and Ciaran.

Singing Happy Birthday, which thanks to Beckett we did about 7 times.
And yes, Beckett is running around in only underwear. Potty training is tough.

And finally, we attempt to get Ciaran to say "Da, da" which he normally does rather well, but we can't stop him making satisfied, "Mmm, cake" noises.

9 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes watching our little Boodle on his first birthday. I know this year has been full of many challenges, but I am so filled with love and gratitude for all of you. Ciaran seems absolutely delighted with the birthday cake. Cake all over the face, high chair and floor is the best way to celebrate his special day. All our Love - Grandpa and Grandma Ott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are such horrible parents for actually giving your child a cake for their birthday!

    I've been thinking about little Ciaran all day long. Can't believe he's actually one year old today! You've come a long way, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lump in my throat thinking about where we all were a year ago worrying and praying for this little guy! He is PERFECT and I'm so happy for your little miracle baby. Er...big boy.

    ONE?! That is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet baby!! Hard to believe how big he is now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, Happy Birthday Ciaran! A fine, strapping young lad you are :)

    And seriously, how can you expect ANYone to concentrate on performing when they are stuffing their mouth full of delicious birthday cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can it really be? One already? His eyes are just beautiful. I miss you. I miss it all, that life we were living together a few years back, but these additions make it all worth it. I wouldn't go back if it meant loosing moments like these with our little ones. Congrats mom and dad you made it to 1 year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, Ciaran is a boy after my own heart! Everytime I eat cake I make a similar noise in my head, cuz I found it makes people uncomfortable if I do it out loud! ;)

    ReplyDelete