Friday, March 4, 2011

Good News and Bad News

Poor Ciaran has a double ear infection. Oddly this is the first ear infection either of my children have ever had. It's pretty miserable. Ciaran was a mess, so grumpy and out of sorts. My weaned child nursed for a half hour before his nap yesterday, that's how awful he felt. But after two doses of amoxicillin he's his happy self again. We'll take it easy this weekend, but hooray for antibiotics!!

On to the good news. We got into the Mamaroneck Avenue Pre-K Program!! Lest you think I am the mother named Moon in the Nursery University documentary, I am not. This program is free! Hooray! We got a call yesterday saying it turns out they did have enough space for all the kids and we don't have to enter the lottery. We'll be getting information about what session/times he'll be attending in the next week or two. We've had friends attend this program, our landlord's children did, and Ciaran's PT's kids have gone there. They have all had wonderful things to say about it. So not only is free good, but he'll actually learn stuff too. It is a relief with two extra little friends coming along that we won't have the expense of Pre-K and I won't have to deal with trying to do a Joy School type situation when I am crazy with fatigue.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I looked at the Mamaroneck Avenue PreK website and it looks so wonderful. I would love to teach there. Beckett will love it! I'm so excited for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that picture just cracked me up, you guys are so funny!

    Sorry about the ear infection, though...no fun. No fun at all.

    On the flip side - congratulations on the PreK program!

    ReplyDelete