Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fireman's Parade



The Fireman's Parade is a big deal here in Mamaroneck. It took place on July 1 so we're a little late posting. Beckett and his friend Anna loved it.

One reason Beckett loved it was the fact that Daddy bought him a Thomas balloon.



His friend Anna wanted to share, but Beckett was not doing well with sharing.




This made Anna sad.




This fireman was a dancin' fool. His firehouse followed a dance troop and I guess the view inspired him to rethink his career.



We'll let this firetruck stand in for the what felt like hundreds of firetrucks we saw in the parade.




There was also a large showing of bands.




However, only one set of becaped and feathered Knights of Columbus.

2 comments:

  1. I just love small town parades! I'm glad that Beckett had a great time. I can see why he didn't want to share him humongous balloon. After all it was Thomas! Give him a big huggy bug from Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! A firetruck parade sounds like every little boy's (and perhaps girl's, but I wouldn't know because I don't have any) dream! And I LOVE that picture of Beckett "not wanting to share". Soooo the stage we are dealing with right now.

    I saw a little kid at the zoo the other day with a name tag that said "Hello, My Name is Keerin". I thought of you and how I like your spelling better. =)

    ReplyDelete