Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cha Ching!

My work threw a surprise shower today for me and another girl who is due April 9. I didn't think we were going to have a party because it's March 28 and everyone is stressed out with the deadline looming. It didn't last long, but people were really nice for the few minutes they could stay. Once we cut the cake they had to grab it and run back to their desks, but my desk was also piled so I completely understood. They gave me an Amex gift card that they'd collected from people around the office and I was so touched with everyone's generosity. Chris even came by after work to help me carry it home.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris and Dawnell,
    I am new to blogging and didn't know that you could post comments.So, here I go with my first blog comment. We have all been so excited to read your baby blog. Honey and SUe have loved reading about the adventures of womb-baby too. I was really excited to hear about the shower at your work. It makes all of us feel good to know that baby Beckett is loved by so many people. I kow tommorrow is your last day! Congrats - you made it. You are finishing up tommorrrow and I am going back to work tommorrow. I went to the doctor today and got the infamous "back to work" letter.
    I am feeling good and I guess I'm ready to take 24 second graders. Wish me luck and of course we are all hoping that everything goes well for you until the baby comes. We love you and are looking forward to more blogs...so keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete