Friday, March 23, 2007

March 22, 2007 Doctor's Appointment

Last night on the 22nd I hauled myself to the doctor's office once more. I had to meet with the scary lady I don't like as much as the other midwives, but I was very proud that my blood pressure stayed normal as opposed to the white coat syndrome that this lady gives me.

She checked the position of the baby and the good news is he's head down. I was convinced he was transverse (laying side to side for those of you who don't regularly follow obstetric terms). I kept feeling things in both my right and left ribs at the same time. I figured he was punching one side and kicking the other. Plus my stomach looks like a strange inverted triangle, being much wider at the top. I guess he must be spread eagle in there and get both those giant feet going at once because he's pointing the way he should and getting ready to make his grand entrance. The midwife even told me that as of midnight I'd be 37 weeks and that's considered full term. That means any day now... But nothing magical happened at midnight and I don't feel much different so I think I'll probably go to right around my due date. Even though my weird shaky right leg would like things to end much sooner.

Even though I only have three weeks left I have about 5 more docotor's appointments already lined up. Looking at my appointment list is so depressing. It makes me feel like I have months left. At least my care is thorough!

At this point in time there's not much to tell. The baby still moves a lot. His heartbeat is strong and regular. I'm measuring right on for my weeks of pregnancy and I feel like crap.

I'm counting down the days left of work. Only 5 left. I refuse to come in this Saturday. Soon I'll be sitting at home twiddling my thumbs trying to decide if packing my hospital bag will jinx me. Speaking of which, if any of you have suggestions for must haves that you took to the hospital with you let me know.

And for those of you who want to know about the Birchers they have already come and gone. I was very sad to see them go as Jil and Del sold their daughters into slavery and made them rub my feet at night. Chris and I really have to get ourselves a little white slave girl. They are so handy to have around.

3 comments:

  1. hey! this is a great blog - i never thought to write about my doctor's appointments, but they are interesting to read about - too bad i only have 1 or 2 left!

    so...one thing i've heard to bring to the hospital from a couple of people now is black sweat/pajama pants that you don't care about and a pair of fun cozy socks for after the delivery so you can feel at home and cozy in the hospital.

    looking forward to more blogs!! see ya!

    leesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah - and tell the mean midwife lady who is bent on guilt trips to just lay off!! you look great (in fact, i'm a little jealous =) and i'm sure beckett is so healthy in there!! =)

    ReplyDelete