Monday, June 4, 2007

The Bjorn Supremacy

As the weather gets hotter and more horribly humid here in New York Beckett has taken to rebelling against his sling. He doesn't like being down in all the fabric and his little head sweats a ton. So I decided to give in and try and find a Baby Bjorn for him. I looked on eBay, but wasn't too thrilled with how high the prices always seemed to go. So I finally ventured into the world of Craig's List. I should have just started there. I found a promising post where they were selling it for only $30 and the seller said they forgot theirs on vacation and so bought a new one and only used it a few times on said vacation. Now I wouldn't drop another $80-$100 on a Bjorn, but they did live on the Upper West Side so it seemed like a reasonable assertion. I contacted the guy and when he told me that his nanny would give it to me I knew I had scored. I went and picked it up and it really was practically brand new. It wasn't faded or gross or anything. Thank goodness for rich people.




3 comments:

  1. Hehe, that is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless the baby bjorn (and the wealthy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious. I need to get on craig's list more....

    ReplyDelete