Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Why you should always do up the safety straps...

I left Beckett sleeping peacefully in his bouncy chair and he stayed that way for a long time. Eventually I made myself some lunch. That's when he chose to wake up. I walked back into the living room to find he'd wiggled his way horizontal in the bouncy chair and hooked his leg over the edge. He's too little to roll himself out (I hope), but he did get a lot of movement going. Like a good mom I laughingly reached for the camera instead of picking up my angry baby. It's a good lesson in why you should always hook the safety straps, even when you think they're too tiny to fall out. He was fine.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't used the safety straps for Haylie, but I think I will start now that I've seen what Beckett can do! I totally started laughing when I saw his picture, that is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you always grab your camera when your babies upset. I love the crying pictures, he looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about crying infants that is so funny? (Most of the time anyway). I know I should feel bad, but they are still so cute it usually just makes me laugh instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! A good mom always goes for the camera first...you've learned this lesson quickly!

    (I'd advise though, that if your fourteen-year-old son gets hit by a car while on a four-wheeler and is laying on the road with his bone sticking out of his leg, you should call 911 FIRST. My mother-in-law is crazy...)

    Your son is getting cuter by the minute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS that last one was from me... your blog won't let me post under my own name!

    -Sheryl

    ReplyDelete