Friday, June 29, 2007

No Better Place

In honor of how we'll be spending the weekend, I thought I'd post lyrics from one of my favorite "New York" songs. This song is off the album Welcome Interstate Managers by Fountains of Wayne, who are best known for the tune Stacy's Mom. The album actually has a lot of great stuff, so if you are a fan of catchy rock-pop I'd suggest you check it out.

And just like the song says, now we're leaving New York, for no better place (a.k.a. Jersey City). I mean, sure, I'm still working in midtown, but we're moving to a different state! That's dramatic.

"No Better Place"

Is that supposed to be your poker face
Or was someone run over by a train
And you were minding your own business
But you're begging for forgiveness just the same

And it's running back and forth inside your mind
Just how that town defined you
Dressed you up, painted your face

And now you're leaving New York
For no better place

6 comments:

  1. It may not be a better place,but it is a cheaper place. We love you all and hope the move to Jersey goes well.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You move this weekend??? Poor US 1st ward... who will give the top 100 80's songs recap in Sunday School now?? Good luck and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I have to say is ...
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA....(breath) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that last one was me too, sorry I posted twice, then deleted, then realized it makes it look like there was a "rated R" post, so had to clarify. oh yeah WAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't know you guys were heading out to nj! at least you have the best ny souvenir ever - Beckett!

    Good Luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete