Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mario Kart

Somehow Chris and I aquired Mario Kart. Seriously, we don't know how. It just came in the mail addressed to both of us and the return address was someone we'd never heard of in Virginia. It didn't have a receipt inside with gift information or anything. We think it was a thank you gift from some people we let stay in our apartment, but we really don't know. But, hey, free Mario Kart so we started playing. Beckett has realized that since Mommy and Daddy are fascinated with it it must be fun. (Because obviously Chris and I are so inherently fascinating that we couldn't possibly like anything boring.)

I prefer to be Donkey Kong in his offroader. I like the unsubtle handling of the big heavy cars.




Whereas Chris enjoys the light touch of the baby characters, sometimes on their motorcycles.


The upshot of all this is that Beckett has decided it must be fun to look at the tv and wiggle the wiimote around. So he does. Even when the game isn't on.



5 comments:

  1. My boys think that the coincidence of me reading this WHILE they're playing Mario Cart Wii is just TOO crazy.

    (They're addicted, so it's not much of a coincidence. They are ALWAYS on it.)

    Cute Beckett! Way to teach him the importance of gaming young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we can play online. 'Cause that uh, totally worked out for Guitar Hero...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was such a great challenger to throw down the gauntlet and then flee. It doesn't help that I don't really know how to work our 25 remotes and multiple hook up accessories without Chris present. Whatever. He can keep his mystery electronics, I have a secret bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael and I have already discussed Mario Kart war. However, our wireless router was down at the time. Now that we have a new one, we should be able to lose to you for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was getting free surprise gifts in the mail! Lucky.

    ReplyDelete