Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Book Club Brunch

(I stole this photo so it cannot be enbiggened.)

Saturday was our always delightful book club Christmas brunch. We traveled to Addy's lovely home in NJ where we were served delicious food in her adorably decorated living room. We have a secret santa gift exchange and my secret elf, Jill, got me a great box of knitting pattern cards. They're small so you can take them in your bag without all the bulk of a book. They're wonderful. Thank you, Jill!


Then it was time for the hotly contested book swap. We do it white elephant style. After having "Olivia" taken from me I turned into a bully and earned Dallin's (Elise's son) eternal wrath by stealing Russell's Christmas Magic. It's really cute. I wish I was a better person and felt more guilty about getting to take it home.




We wrapped things up with Jenny's traditional reading of Osbert. A tradition that may die this year as Tom will be done with dental school and they'll be moving on. I hope with the miracles of modern technology we may be able to have the reading in the future.

LCAT is still going strong and I love it. Thank you all for being so smart and wonderful. And for actually reading the books and talking about them. I just finished "Escape" and can't wait for January.

7 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, it's a really cute book! (It's not like you stole candy from a baby or something, you stole a book from a teeny tiny innocent little...oh. Yeah, it's kind of the same.)

    What a fun group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I don't get is why all the mothers with children at the party are holding their delightful bundles of joy except for Beckett. Where did my son go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! Is that the Carolyn Jessop story that you're reading for January?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you too, it was a great night. I really really hope I make it to January's discussion, I think it just might blow all other discussions out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm already sad that I'm not going to be here next year for this event. It's my favorite! Maybe we should have meetings via satellite.

    Oh, and Escape...I can't wait to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the spirit of Christmas, Dallin forgives you. But this is a one time pardon. It better not happen again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this photo of all the girls. LOVE it. Plus you look gorgeous in it.

    Steal whatever you want from that poor kid, it's not like he can fight back... yet.

    ReplyDelete