Monday, December 15, 2008

Random Interlude

One of our friends had a very sick daughter. Beckett loved playing with her before they moved away so we were both really sad. Since we are a couple of hundred miles away I couldn't do much to help the situation, but I decided to do what little I could to cheer some flagging spirits.




I made this little dolly. It was supposed to be a fairy, hence the green skin, but I couldn't get a wing pattern to print. (Stupid malfunctioning printer sensor.) Now I'm pretending she's a pixie instead of just looking like a girl with food poisoning.


We love you Maddy and are so glad you're feeling better!

4 comments:

  1. So cute Dawnell, she has AMAZING hair. (And as long as you have great hair, no one even notices a skin condition...)

    I just asked Mayci if she liked the doll and she said, LOOK! GREEN WIPES!

    Weirdo. All she noticed was the wipes in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, and she is definitely a pixie, no doubt about it! What a nice thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that pixie is SO adorable! Pretty sure that if you didn't follow the pattern *exactly* i.e. sans the wings, you can sell them on etsy. ;) Just think about it... "Pixie dolls" it could be the new thing! =)

    And, like we both thought, her hair rocks. As evidenced by the comment above. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute in fact that I'm wishing I had me some pink hair and green skin too.

    ReplyDelete