Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter

We celebrated Easter by stealing ideas from other people. I decided to do our Easter baskets on Saturday like my sister does. That way Sunday is about Jesus and Saturday is about all the secular holiday stuff. Then I stole the idea of hiding the baskets from my friend. (Although I think she may hide her kids presents from Santa.) At any rate I did a little hunt for Beckett to find his basket and he loved it.






Ciaran enjoyed watching the hunt.



And here is the loot!






Yummy candy that Beckett insisted on licking instead of biting.


Mmmm, new vibrating rattle for the teething baby.


The festivities continued after the baskets were located. The Michael's store in our area was offering a free activity where you could decorate a basket. We went up there and Beckett made his own basket which is handily a bucket and shovel so we can get beach use out of it as well.

This is the pose he gave me when I asked him to smile.


Then at the conference break we got to go to Anna's house for an Easter egg hunt. Each child had their own color and it really stopped the chaos. Beckett and his friends were very good about sticking to their assigned color and leaving the other eggs alone. Beckett was yellow.




Ciaran likes watermelon so he finally got an Easter treat.

It was a wonderful Easter holiday.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Beckett is striking the same "food in mouth" pose both on his basket picture and while he's sitting next to it. That struck me as being so funny!

    You all look so happy and I'm loving your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Easter basket hunt idea! You are such a fun mom. Beckett and Ciaran are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciaran is such a pretty baby. I love when I hear of someone named Ciaran and I'm always like "oh, that's a Gaelic name, isn't it?" People always look surprised and I feel so educated and cultured. =)

    ReplyDelete