Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ode to me

I have been in a knitting fervor recently and I'm proud of my efforts. I made this jacket for Ciaran. Unfortunately I didn't really check the yarn I was using against the yarn recommended in the pattern. This means I actually just made Beckett a jacket.





I love the bear claw buttons.



Also I belong to a website called Ravelry. It's pretty big in the crafting world. It has over a hundred thousand patterns on it. You can post your work and link it to patterns from books, etc that they have in their database. Well I got a new book and noticed that the book wasn't in their database. The book was a 2010 publication so I guess people hadn't gotten around to making any of the patterns yet. So I hurried and made one of the patterns super fast and submitted it to Ravelry. Now they have that book linked because of me and they asked to use the picture of my item for the page on their site. So anytime someone looks up that pattern my creation will pop up. So cool! I know it may not sound that cool, but I was really proud of myself. Thank you Cheepy Chick.



2 comments:

  1. Haha, I thought you wrote "Creepy Chick," but I guess that either works. ;) Good job, DOMESTIC Dawnell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that you're doing this, Dawnell! How are you guys? I hope so well. Your boys have such beautiful eyes! Much love.

    ReplyDelete