Monday, October 22, 2007

6 Month Appointment

Today was Beckett's six month appointment. Unfortunately I made it two days too early as he really turns six months on the 24th. This is only an issue as they refused to give him a flu shot before his was six months. The doctor specifically made a point of saying, "I know he turns six months in two days, but I cannot give him a flu shot until he actually does." Good thing he will magically be able to metabolize the vaccine in two days. So Friday I have to go back. Boo. At least it didn't take 3 hours this time.

So here are the stats:

He is now 27.5" tall and weighs....















As usual he's in 75-90%. The doctor also says that he's big enough to survive the night without food. So it looks like we're going to start phasing out that midnight feeding. I don't think he's going to like that at all. The doctor's advice, keep him up and hour later so he doesn't sleep as long and then he won't need food. I'm not sure I'm down with that advice, but Chris and I were out shopping tonight and he went to bed about 3 hours after his normal time of 6:00pm. Ooops. Maybe he won't need food and tonight is the night he magically starts sleeping through the night. Ya...right.

He only had to get two shots today. So he wasn't too cranky. In fact he had a pretty good time waiting for the shots.


















Now, for the really exciting part....

As I walked to Beckett's appointment we happened upon some film trailers. This is not uncommon and I just figured they were doing some shots for one of the many Law and Orders. I was wrong. Turns out they were filming actual scenes for the CW's new show Gossip Girl. It's about snotty rich people on the Upper East Side.


Here they are setting up a shot and I realize that something is happening.



Ah ha! The chairs reveal that it's a show I've heard of.

These are the two main female leads. Their names escape me. B and S are their initials.
This lady in black stood around and talked to me for a while. I guess she was an authorized extra because they let her walk across the sidewalk. She told me she'd worked in commericals and my baby was so beautiful and had such a good tempermant. That's nice. The one thing that sucks about having a baby is strangers talking to you.







Later, after Beckett's appointment I was in the area and stopped in at Subway for lunch. Then one of the male leads came in for a sandwich. I can't remember his name either but I call him Jimdemort as he looks like a combination between Jimmy Fallon and, as Jenny cannily pointed out, Lord Voldemort. (It's the flat sided nose and cheeks. Trust me.) According to the website he plays Chuck, " an overly confident and sexy bad boy" and also the Dark Lord, who is coincidentally an overly confident bad boy. I was going to ask for his autograph but then I worried he would Avada Kevadra me.



7 comments:

  1. The blonde with the amazing hair's name is Blake. I loved her in "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" (chick flick, my guilty pleasure...) and then decided she sucked when I saw her in the Gossip Girl promos. Fun for you, though!!!

    Beckett is SO BIG! Ooh, I just want to squish him... I can't imagine how big he'll be by Christmas. Sucks about the flu shots, too bad you'll have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew Jersey City could pass for the UES?? No need to actually live in Manhattan anymore, right? Soon the rich and richer will be taking over JC!! Then all those Jerseyites will have to move back into Manhattan. Just as the UWS was once THE spot...JC is coming into its own! HA!
    We got to watch some L&O be filmed up in Inwood - it's fun to watch the episode air and realize your neighbourhood was filmed as a street in Queens somewhere! And Mariska is WAY skinny in real life, not that she isn't on the show, but the 10 pounds thing is true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have watch Gossip girl with mild interest/disgust. Serena and Blair are the character's names. This post was very fun! What a big day for you and Beckett.

    The name Jimdemort cracks me up, and the visual aides are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too cracked up at Jimdemort! He really does look like a combination of the two. Sounds like a sure winner of an SNL sketch.

    p.s.- Our doctor is still in the city, Gossip Girl was not filming in the J.C., they were filming where you would think, right on 14th street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait until Jimdemort gets really famous and decides only Quiznos is worthy to pass his deathly pale lips. That's cool how you were close enough to snap such good pics of the tv shoot. There was some reality show filming on our street in Brooklyn Heights on Monday, but I didn't see anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I love gossip girl....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimdemort is awesome. I am glad you came up with a name for him. It is scary how much he looks like the Dark Lord.

    ReplyDelete