Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cupcakes and Ireland and One Tiny Sailor

Friday I went to Jenny's house to make cupcakes. She made delicious frosting and we had fun decorating, when Beckett wasn't crying that is. We did nice fall colors as you can see.













Saturday, in order to keep the party rolling, Chris and I went to the Irish Festival here in Jersey City. Here are some pictures.












Here's some war memorial in the area of the festival. I think it's for one of the world war's. I was suprised because it seems a little graphic for a piece of municipal sculpture.



Turns out an Irish festival isn't very much fun if you're not going to get drunk so we were there about as long as it took me to take these pictures.



And now, since you're stuck with us, here's Beckett as a sailor.



What was that Ensign?




Isn't he a cute "sailman" as a woman at church referred to him?

6 comments:

  1. He's such a cute sailman!!! I really need to have a baby so I can make fun cupcakes, too.
    I love that you went to the Irish festival. To bad it wasn't a Scottish festival, then we really would have had something to talk about next month at book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quickly glanced at your picture of that war memorial, and my first thought was that it was a scarf blowing in the wind. I was thinking, how could that be considered graphic? Until further scrutiny revealed that the scarf is actually a bayonet attached to a rifle. Awesome. Oh, and barefoot sailors totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee, hee! Where on earth did you find that sailor outfit? Funny little chubby boy... He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoy, Beckett makes a great sailor. Halloween is just a few weeks away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That outfit is just perfect for him. He looks just like a cheery "sailman" -- a very VERY cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahot Matie, Beckett is the cutest sailor I;ve seen. He can swab my deck any time. Dawnell, the cupcakes look like they were done by a professional cake decorator! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete