Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lost Locks Leave Lady Luminous

Today was the big day. I went and donated my hair to Locks of Love. I went for the Mariska as you will all see in just a moment. And for any of you in the city who would like to do this In Situ in the Grammercy area does free hair cuts for people donating to locks of love. But it's only during week days so those of you who work might have a problem. In Situ is a nice salon. They give you robes to wear so you don't get hair on your shirt. No capes for them. Here I am in the dressing room trying to get a picture of my hair before the chop.

My last day of long hair was supposed to be all flowy and beautiful and straight and smooth. Thanks to lots of wind and humidity it ended up and wavy, prickly mess. It made the chop less painful.


The stylist decided to help me out with some before pictures after she'd brushed my hair so I look a little less pathetic.

Aren't my half grown out highlights nice?


They put it in a ponytail and take it all at once then do your real cut.

I felt like a hunter holding my kill.

And here are the after, styled pictures.


Meanwhile Beckett was unaware of the momentous hair events occurring. He got to play with his friend Sheldon. Although in all our excitement we forgot Ghost Bear when we left. Sheldon had a good time too. He sat up on his own really well which is a first according to his mom. He loved staring at Beckett. It's only fair since watching him roll inspired Beckett to roll over for the first time. We have to get these boys together more often. Who knows what they'll teach each other? That being said once they turn two they can never see each other again because who knows what they'll teach each other??


This picture cracks me up because it looks like Sheldon is beating Beckett up. He isn't.

9 comments:

  1. I've been waiting all DAY for these pictures! You look super hot and I love the cut. Do you LOVE IT?

    Why can't I be cute in short hair? It wasn't meant to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I LOVE the before picture in the mirror. You're so cute, long hair OR short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so generous to make such a sacrifice for others..way to have a heart!
    I'm sure the decision to cut the hair was not at all because you wanted a new "do", right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute 'do!!! I didn't realize how long your hair was! Guess that's what happens when you move away and never see people anymore.
    Love the cut though - hope you are loving it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!! Oh, my gosh, you are so hot! It looks so sophisticated, and chic, and sexy. I hope you love it, because you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! You are so brave ... I don't know if I could have done it but I really love the short look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you are so much braver than I am. I love your hair it is so great, I can't wait to see it in person. I bet your hair will be much easier to keep out of Becketts hands/drool/food/spit, all that stuff now. I am going to do this one day, after a few more therapy sessions :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the 'do! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, I LOVE your title. You should use alliteration more often!!!

    ReplyDelete