Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Birthday Cupie Doll

As I wanted to party hard for my birthday I had to find someone to take care of Beckett. My good friend Jenny, who you hear a lot about as she lives literally a 5 minute walk from me, stepped up to help out. She took these cute pictures while we were out. What a nice friend to take cute pictures of my baby.

I love his little curl of hair. He looks just like a cupie doll.




















Since Beckett was in good hands we were free to go out to dinner. As I was more interested in birthday dessert we decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory. The food was mediocre, but the cheesecake was awesome. I ate a turtle nutty, chocolaty, carameley piece of heaven. Then I got a piece of key lime to go. Chris was supposed to pretend it was for him, but he made a point of telling the waiter he was too full and he wasn't going to be eating any of it. He did have a bite at home later, but I did eat most of it. And I liked it, so there!

Then we went to a movie. I know this doesn't sound stellar, but trust me, this was a lot of fun as we haven't gone to a move in about 6 months. We went to Elizabeth: The Golden Age.



I enjoyed it although I do not think that Mary Queen of Scots had a Scottish accent as portrayed in the film since she was raised in the French court from a very young age. I'm reading a book about Mary and Elizabeth so I declared myself a defacto expert.

All in all it was a nice birthday and not too traumatic. I can't wait for my present from Chris to arrive so I can be a rocking guitar hero with my Wii. Oh Nintendo, why won't you ship it?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good birthday!!
    I got Mark a Wii for his birthday last week - any good game suggestions? I am thinking Dance Dance revolution! That would be fun to see Mark rock out to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get Guitar Hero III then you and Dawnell can rock out together while sitting in different states. At least I think they got that in the new game. It doesn't come out for another two weeks though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee, hee...your baby DOES look like a cupie doll! Funny boy...

    So is the movie worth seeing? I was thinking of seeing it on a GNO but didn't know if it would be something to sleep through or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, he really does look like that doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPOOKY!
    I guess you have a costume now for Halloween. All you will need is a bottle of dippity doo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 desserts!!! Radical. Beckett is totally a cupie doll. How do I fatten my kid up so he looks like yours!! Sad we missed the big day but it seems like you had fun. We need to catch up. I will try to give you a call sometime this week. I'm really not as good at the phone as Candace is....dang it!

    ReplyDelete