Saturday, October 27, 2007

Grown Up Halloween Party

Saturday night was the grown up party, although since our standard babysitter swapper was also invited to the party we just took Beckett along. I made his costume. I mean made like I sewed it. I made it out of a t-shirt. I'm pretty proud of myself. Of course that's because you can't see it up close and see what a rotten job I did. However, it stayed together the whole night and nothing fell off or ripped so it must be counted a success. So without further ado here is the becostumed Beckett.


So what is Beckett you say. Why he is a Money Beet, of course. Perhaps Beckett in context will help.


Still unsure? Well then you obviously do not love The Office. We went as Dwight, Angela, and a Money Beet. A Money Beet? "First rule in roadside beet sales: the most attractive beets on top. The ones that make you pull the car over and go, 'wow, I need this beet right now.' Those are the money beets."

We have many friends who also love The Office. Here's Ryan and Kelly. (Aka Jenny and Tom.)

The ladies of The Office. Here we have the addition of Halloween Pam (Jill). I look weird in all these pictures because I'm doing my uptight Angela face.


The boys of The Office. They are about to embark on a sales call wherein Dwight/Chris will plant his seed in Ryan/Tom.

And here's our whole cast together. Jenny and Tom are perfect with the way she's hanging on him and he's looking exasperated. And Jill's Pam face is great.



Here are some of the party organizers and also the costume contest winners. They are amazing every year. Bryan and BreAnna Larson go all out. They make their costumes and I'm always so excited to see what they do. You should definitely go to their blog and look at the party slide show thw have up. Bry and Bre in the NYC. So here they are:

Cindy Lou Who and Master Chief from Halo.

Since Bryan and BreAnna organized things they graciously let others win the costume contest.

First place, Captain Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swan (Ryan and Shanna Farnsworth)

Second place is a gentleman from the 1980's giving his friend a present. (Sheena and Jason Larkin) It was based on a Saturday Night Live Sketch.





Third Place Plugs (Megan and Brian Porter)



Beckett the Beet got 7 votes but it was not enough to propel him to greatness and his mom and dad to a large bag of candy. Randomly, Chris and I, who both hate scary movies, won a prize in the Halloween movie trivia contest. We missed three, but if Chris had listened to me we would only have missed one.



Lois and Clark stopped by. (Alicia & Christopher)



Matt and Addu came as people from New Jersey. Funny on so many levels.



And Mary and Bryan were a house divided as BYU and USC fans.


It was a wonderful party. I wish I'd taken more decor pictures. They really went all out. Thanks everyone for a great party!


5 comments:

  1. You guys were great, I would have expected sprinkles, but the money beet, now that was pure halloween inspiration! I didn't know you made that costume! you did a great job! I didn't get a chance to ask you guys if you all planned the office, I was suprised you guys didn't overlap each other! Great Costumes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE COSTUME! So cute Dawnell, I love how creative you are!!!

    I also love the plug and outlet. Kind of suggestive, and super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! Killer Beet costume! That is seriously so awesome. Good Job Dawnell. Chris, you can really pull off the dwight look. I'm a little scared. I wish we could have come to the killer NY halloween party. All we had was Trunk or Treat....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet costumes you guys! I love your faces in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Dawnell, on your mommy rite of passage in making Beckett's Halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete