Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Before Pictures

Here's some pictures of us as we were moving in. And speaking of moving in...hiring movers is the way to go! It was so nice. I stood around and told people where to go (a gift I've been honing for a long time) and occasionally I moved some suitcases out of the bedroom. Then I swept and swiffered the floor, locked the door, and walked out. Our good friend Michael came to help us move out and he probably thought it was the dumbest idea ever that we asked him to come. He ended up tending Beckett for me most of the time while I did cleaning stuff because the movers were so fast.
Here is the living room with our semi broken wardrobe (the movers did warn us that it was too big and may get hurt. We were going to smash it ourselves to get it out if they couldn't) that now reminds me of Pee Wee's Playhouse. Beckett already felt at home and wandered around without pants.

This is Beckett's room, which I felt I needed to title because I thought the crib might not be obvious enough. It's a nice light yellow color, a left over from the prior 15 month old boy resident. The carpet's a so so color, but it's carpet and soft and Beckett already loves to lay down on it.

This is the kitchen. Do you see all those cupboards? And there are more not pictured!

And finally here is your gratuitous Beckett picture as he grooves to the beat of his maracas on our living room floor.

Our landlords are so nice. They brought over water and toilet paper and even watched Beckett while the movers brought everything in. They're very conscientious and love Beckett. They said they're so happy to have a baby around again. Their kids are around 14 and 10 and nice. We've been to the park almost every day and story time at the library and at the park today we met some new friends who live up the road. Plus the toilet flushes on the first try! All in all the move just keeps getting better.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, as I sit in the front room right now I'm amazed at the difference. I can't wait for Dawnell to post some "after" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so OPEN! DO you love all the room? The drawers? The privacy?

    I'll bet you're in heaven, and that checkered floor is too cute!

    Enjoy...I'll totally understand if you still don't email for a while because you just want to lay in the middle of the floor and look around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! It looks large and beautiful!! I can't believe you have been living with B in your room this whole time. Amazing. Enjoy your new found freedom!! haha!

    Beckett is so cute. He is so big I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new place looks so spacious! You must be lovin' it. Can't wait to see the after pictures to see what you've done with the place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first comment above was obviously Chris posting while Dawnell was logged in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! It already looks great. Maybe Tom and I should make a trip so we can inspect it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so amazing and spacious! I can't wait to come see it in person. Granted, that might be awhile since I'm not sure how to get two kids into the car alone when it's parked down the street. Don't worry though, I'll totally figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad for you. Hooray for space to fill up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, that Kids at Heart thing is me, Taunja. It took the blog name for our book club for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sob. sob. You're really gone? And for what? Space? Cupboards? Lawn? Carpet? Puh-lese!

    Seriously, looks like a great set-up for you guys and we are looking forward to coming for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I saw it a little differently: I got to hang out with Beckett for a long time and only had to do a little work in exchange. No complaints from me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it looks so big and wonderful! I can't wait to see it. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous - you look like you have a *real* home! Lucky! Hope you are just basking in all your space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cupboards galore! A room for Beckett! Congratulations!

    "Manhattan Moons" always had a nice ring to it, but "Jersey City Moons" wasn't working for ya. I think you're back on track with "Mamaroneck Moons"!

    ReplyDelete