Monday, October 13, 2008

Go Go Go Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday

While I, along with the rest of you wait for some "after" pictures of the new apartment, I thought those of you who aren't Dawnell's friend on facebook would be interested to know that her birthday was on Sunday. No partying on Sunday, since we had to go to our new ward, but we had an awesome time on Saturday.

We went to Mystic Seaport for Dawnell's birthday. Mystic Seaport is a nautical version of colonial Williamsburg. Dawnell and I enjoyed it so much that we got the membership. Actually, membership costs less than going twice, and we got a free hat out of the deal, so that was nice.

Here's Beckett looking cute at the start of the day:


Beckett getting into the nautical theme with a hat and a fishing net.

We took a boat ride around the harbor. Lots of fun. Beckett is not steering in a storm during our boat ride. This is actually a mural for you to be a pretend Ahab.

This may have been a real boat, but now we use it for pictures of exasperated parents trying to keep Beckett from falling over the edge.


We loved the name of this boat. Tough to get a good picture of our little dude though, as he showed that he too was a Dancing Moon.

After our fun day at Mystic Seaport we went a couple miles up the road to Abbott's Lobster in the Rough. Those of you who know how much I love seafood know that this was definitely a decision based on Dawnell's birthday weekend. She ate a lobster about as big as this one and loved every minute!

And here's the whole family (with Pinchy) at the end of the day.

Please join me in the comments section to wish Dawnell a barely belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. See you inside...

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't know it was your birthday! I'm a horrible friend.

    Happy Birthday anyway. I know it doesn't even count since I had to be told it was your special day, but I hope it was as great as the pictures you posted made it look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirt Dawnell...you look really amazing.

    Happy belated- although I totally get credit for wishing you happy birthday on the actual day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... I forgot your birthday... but its great everyone has blogs so I can always be reminded of such special events. たんじょうびおめでとう!!! Thats Happy Birthday in Japanese. it sounds like this tanjyoubiomedetou... say it with me with a big grin and cheezy smile...

    "Oh what the he**
    my dearest Dawnell,
    I just fell,
    Just fell on my face,
    My face squished on rock hard cement cuz I forgot."


    you guys look great, just keep on livin' word up gangsta!!! (just felt like throwing it out like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday! Looks like you had a fun weekend. I miss all the cool east coast stuff. Enjoy it while you are there!

    I love how the title of your blog keeps changing. mamaroneck moons is up there with moons over manhattan for coolness. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! What fun birthday, indeed. And what a darling little "dancing moon" you have. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!
    You can eat my shareof lobster anytime we're at a seafood place together...:o)
    Looks like it was a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy, very belated, Birthday!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time in Mystic.

    ReplyDelete