Monday, June 15, 2009

Ciaran sans velcro mustache



Ciaran has been off any type of breathing help for a couple of days now. This means they removed his velcro mustache since it was no longer needed to help hold his cpap machine on. It also means he can start wearing the hats that I made him. But I need to make smaller ones that really fit his head. Any friends and family (Grandma Elaine and Aunt JuLee I'm looking in your direction) who want to help increase his wardrobe by making him fine hats and booties, etc we would not turn you away.


Here is a comparison in case you're having a hard time wrapping your head around Ciaran's size. His diaper is about the size of an iphone.



And here is his diaper compared to big brother's.
Big brother Beckett is very proud and happy to help when we go to the hospital. He carries the "baby milk" for us, a job he is very protective of, even though he's not quite sure who the baby is we're feeding all this milk to. He just looked at the above pictures of Ciaran and said, "Baby sleeping, shhh." with his finger up to his lips. He's a good brother.

5 comments:

  1. The diaper comparison to an iphone blew me away. It is so amazing that someone that tiny is breathing on his own, and he looks so adorable with out his little 'stache. Even though we are so far away, my heart is filled with so my love for him that I can hardly stand it. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. I'm glad that little B is a big helper.
    Love grandma Ott

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that he's doing so well!! Were you able to get the awesome steroids? My sis got those before my niece came early.

    What a doll--and the milk carrier is very helpful too!

    Mary P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks gorgeous, and I love that little hat on him! Remember a couple weeks ago when you tried a hat on Owen's head, now there's a comparison! I am so happy that he is doing well, Ciaran is a fighter and hopefully has enough Scottish in him to prove to everyone that he is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow!! I go out of town for the weekend and look what happens. I was just thinking about calling you to see if I could come visit, but I guess I'll wait a few weeks now. Congratulations and I look forward to hearing the story of how he came so soon. Three cheers for hospitals and doctors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawnell, I linked to your blog from Polly and Jeremy's, just wanted to say... what a cute baby! It is hard to comprehend how tiny he really is, good comparisons. He is such a doll, good luck with the next couple months, he looks like he is doing really well.

    Andrea E

    ReplyDelete