Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So long IV!

Ciaran got his IV'S out today!!!


As of this afternoon Ciaran had his IV's taken out. This means all his nutrition is now going through his little tummy. He's still being fed with a tube, but hopefully in another week he'll be strong enough that they'll let him try a bottle. He's taking 27cc's of food, but they actually want him to be up to 30cc's which is an ounce. He should hit that mark tomorrow. He has continued to gain weight and is 3lb 3oz. (At least I think that's it. The nurse told me and then I had some other questions and the exact figure just flew out of my mind. I'll ask again tomorrow and correct to the right number.)




He's doing really well and we're so thrilled and grateful for all the miracles that his birth and life have exhibited so far.

2 comments:

  1. He is such a miracle and such a strong little guy!
    I know it is an answer to everyone's faith and
    prayers. I am so thankful that you two are such
    strong and dedicated members and parents - I've
    said it before and I'll say it again - I am very
    very proud of you two.
    With love to all 4 of you
    Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to hear of Ciaran's progress. We are just amazed at how well he seems to be doing. He really s our little miracle. We hope he continues to grow so that he is home with your little family soon.

    ReplyDelete