Friday, June 12, 2009

More Ciaran

Over on the left is a pronunciation guide to our new dude's name from someone who has had such a cool name his whole life. Not much of a problem if you hear it once. I was a big fan of the original Gaelic spelling that we went with, so I hope everyone gets to enjoy the name as much as we do.

Ciaran continues improve from day to day. We weren't expecting to be able to hold him for another week or so but he was doing so well that they let us both hold him today. He's so incredibly tiny it's almost inconceivable that he's human, but he's precious. Here are some pictures and a video. Dawnell is just radiant here with joy at getting to hold Ciaran. And yea, I know, a video of a baby sucking a binky isn't that exciting, but on the other hand, actually it is considering he's due in two months.











Finally, don't be worried, Beckett may not quite understand what's going on, but he's remarkably resilient, acting just as goofy as ever. As Beckett would say, "here go, glasses!"

8 comments:

  1. That is so amazing. 8 weeks sounds a lot shorter than 2 months to me. That is so crazy that he is 2 MONTHS early.

    You look very pretty dawnell, and your video was cracking me up. "we wouldn't do such a thing... on june 12th, 2009" classic.

    I hope that my retardedness wasn't what spurred the pronunciation guide.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful ... and perfect! I'm so thrilled for the two of you. What a testimony to faith and prayers and a loving Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is beautiful and it's a remarkable thing that you were able to hold him so soon! I was elated to hear from you yesterday Dawnell, you guys had us worried and hearing your joyful voice was music to my ears.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! I can not believe how small he is and how amazing he looks. He definitely looks like his big brother.
    Dawnell looks great! That video is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you have taken my breath away. He is so beautiful and so perfect. I am delighted that he is doing so well. And I am thrilled that you look so great Dawnell. He is an absolute miracle. Please continue to keep us posted on his progress. Love to you all.
    Give big brother a great big hug from his grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys have been through quite a lot lately - wow! congratulations, though, i am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! The video is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. I love how he cracked his tiny little eyelids open when you tell him to say hi! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how he is clinging to that binky with his hand! I am amazed at how perfect he looks for one so small, he is such a beautiful little man. I am so excited to eventually get my turn to meet him and hold him!

    ReplyDelete