Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New York Botanical Garden

Wednesday is free day at the Bronx Zoo and the Botanical Gardens. Beckett and I, as well as several of our buddies, spent the day looking at flowers, climbing on rocks, and learning why you shouldn't eat fruit snacks dropped in wet dirt.


The lesson about pollination was lost on Beckett who grabbed the stamen (or pistil, I guess the lesson was lost on me as well) and started banging it on the pedistal saying, "Drum, drum."


The seed lesson was also a lost cause. He didn't actually look in the drawers filled with seeds. He just kept opening and slamming them shut as fast as he could while yelling, "Oh cool!"



He did like poking the giant botanical caterpillar in the eye, but that takes a lot out of a person so he had to stop and rest.



These rocks were a great source of fun for all the kids. Why walk on the path when you can climb over and around it?



Beckett was feeling the nature vibe and thus got a little closer to au naturale with both buttons undone.



Thankfully my nice friends help me corral Beckett when I just can't run after him anymore. I'm not quite as much of a fan of rock climbing as Beckett is.



This is not from the garden, but the Saturday before. My new stroller finally arrived. It was just in time for the Botanical Gardens where it turned out to be a little useless since the kids just wanted to run and touch everything. I LOVE it. Why don't more companies make double strollers like this? I won't belabour how much I love Phil & Ted's, but I do. The double decker stroller is genius.


7 comments:

  1. That stroller is GENIUS. I've never seen anything like it before. I hate the 6-feet long double strollers and side-by-side twin strollers...how adorable!

    Speaking of adorable: your shoes...HELLO! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of the gardens! We'll have to go again soon.

    I'm glad Anna was around to give you a chance to try out your Phil and Ted's fabulousness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey loves the stroller too! She said all it need is a motor! Love the cute Beckett pics. I was needing a Beckett fix. Dawnell you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I know I'm supposed to comment about how adorable your son is (which he is), but all I can see are those shoes and I have to know who makes them and where you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stroller!! Mine just arrived in the mail and I seriously feel like just sitting my kids in it and staring at them for awhile. =)

    Beckett's take on the Botanical Gardens was awesome - seriously, slamming drawers is much more fun at a garden than at home in your kitchen! Why wouldn't you go there?

    And I love your pink shoes that match your pink shirt. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how he had to rest after poking the catepillars eyes! LOL! What a fun day, except for the tram!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun day. I am glad to know about free Wednesdays. I know a lot of people who love that stroller, but Kyndra has a terrible story about it collapsing so be careful!

    ReplyDelete