Thursday, June 18, 2009

Saxon Woods Park



In an effort to help Beckett have fun and not feel abandoned we decided to take him to the fancy Saxon Woods Park. It looks so elaborate and fun from the road, plus I hear that their community swimming pool is one of the best so their park must be good too. It turns out this was a terrible idea. Beckett was all for going to the park but started to have a break down when we tried to put him in the car instead of just walking down the road. We tried and tried to explain that we were driving to a park but he was having none of it. Park means the park just down the road. He was finally happy when we pulled in the parking lot and he could see the park but I'm not sure it was worth all the trauma leading up to it. I guess the moral of the story is that kids are actually very easy to please, no elaborate park needed.

This park consisted of a lot of ramps, I guess it's a handicapped friendly park. They were also great for running frenetically up and down.


He is a twirly slide aficionado so even though this slide was posted for age 5 and up we couldn't keep him off it.

There was some school or summer group at the park at the same time. It looks like Beckett's giving the stink eye to one of the other kids.


This was our last fun family day. Chris went back to work today.

4 comments:

  1. I guess it's the whole "forget the present, give them the box" thing all over again!

    Cute Beckett looks so happy though. It was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dawnell, I feel so disconnected - I didn't even know you were pregnant, or that it was a difficult pregnancy, or that you delivered. I hope you are doing so so well, I'm not sure what happened or what's going on, but you'll be in my prayers, I hope you are recovering quickly.

    I think the name is darling, and I'm glad you stuck with the traditional spelling. I think Gio is probably one of my favorite middle names I've ever heard - I don't know why, it's so masculine but romantic at the same time.

    I wish I was there to help out with Beckett and bring you a dinner! Please know you'll be in our thoughts and prayers and we'll be waiting to hear more information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and that video of you holding him is absolutely precious - honestly, it's just a miracle to watch a little baby born that early sucking a binky! It actually made me get a little teary. =) Congratulations, he's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his stink eye! We love that park too, my kids beg for it, but I have a hard time there because it is so close to a busy parking lot in the summer!

    ReplyDelete