Wednesday, January 30, 2008

9 Month Appointment and a new gizmo

Beckett had his nine month appointment, and hooray! it's an appointment with no shots. Of course that's only to lull them into a false sense of security for the one year appointment in which they get 97 shots, 3 pints of blood withdrawn and some tissue harvesting.

Here is the big 21.1 pound baby. He is also 28.9 inches long with a melon that's 18 1/2 inches in diameter.


Here he is impressing the doctor with his ability to eat dinosaurs.


And here he is proving that, yes indeed, he has not figured out how to move forwards.

The New Gizmo

We don't have a lot of room for a conventional high chair since most of them tend to be ginormous (which by the way must be a real word as Blogger found no misspellings in this post), but the bumbo isn't working so great for eating anymore. We saw this online and thought it looked cool since it's portable and hooks onto a table. Then we were browsing at Target and it was on clearance for $14!! So of course we had to get it. I just set it up today and it worked great for snacking on banana and cherry puffs. Well...it worked great after I did a second adjustment which tightened down the tops that look a little loose in the picture and scooted him up closer so that eating the banana puffs was a more attractive option than sweeping them onto the floor in the space between his body and the table.




All but one of the puffs are gone, but to be crushed under my feet not to be digested in his stomach. I was victorious in round two and he ate the measuring tape he was playing with instead of throwing it on the ground.

8 comments:

  1. I love how every time Beckett tries something new he gets this look on his face like "um, what the heck is going on?" But then, I'm biased. And maybe he just really doesn't get the concept of cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a big boy! Mayci wasn't even 20 pounds at a year...

    I have that same high chair, but when I bought it Mayci was so small that she just sunk into it and was no where near the table. I guess I'll have to try again! Now, to find out where I hid it away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, what a sweet boy. Oh, and eating dinosaurs is quite the feat. So congrats Beckett!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so great that there are so many options for space saving? I just wish there was a nice inexpensive method for just getting more space though.

    Beckett is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, my mom had one like that for me when I was little. It was her favorite, but we didn't think they made them like that anymore. She will be so excited when I tell her. No doubt she will try to get one for the Grand Kiddies!
    Later,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little B is soooo big and adorable. He gets cuter every day.
    We love all 21 lbs of you!
    Gramdma and Grandpa Ott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mayci LOVES looking at this page, she squeals and screams "BABY!" I'm trying to teach her Beckett, but she's not getting it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that gizmo, it would be perfect for my 1 year old.

    ReplyDelete