Friday, January 18, 2008

Parenting Advice

Thought I'd try to blast you with more posts so that you didn't have to see my mug shots for the next week at the top of the page.

Dawnell and I learned some wonderful parenting advice last night that we thought we'd share with the rest of you.

1. Assuming that the heater gets replaced in your/your baby's room (and, of course, for us they are one and the same), and assuming that it is too hot in the room, make sure to ask the person who turned on the heater which way you turn the knob to turn it off. If not, you could end up turning your baby's room into a sauna.

2. When your baby, who is pretty good at sleeping through the night, is tossing awake because it's steaming in the room, you might want to try giving him some fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated. We got this part right.

3. Maybe he won't want milk. I mean, I've seen Anchorman, and I know when milk is a bad idea.

4. But, whatever you do, don't decide that now would be a good time to see if he likes pear juice. Because he will. And then he'll lay awake babbling in his crib for the next two hours.

So, to sum up, do not give your baby a sugar rush at midnight.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to post this same post and we didn't even talk about it. Eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise beyond your parenting years. Duly noted.

    ReplyDelete