Friday, January 11, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was great. Lots of fun, lots of family. I can't describe it all, but since the only people who really read this blog were there you already know anyway. So I'll just post some pictures of Beckett eating wrapping paper which is what you all want anyway.


Here's the world traveler in his own seat on the airplane. Thank goodness for empty middle seats. And thank goodness for Jetblue's tiny water bottles, the best toy in the world next to their empty Lorna Doone cookie packages.





Um, who is this guy?



P.S. This dude legally changed his name to Santa Claus. Freaky, but you sort of have to admire that kind of committment.






Beckett is a little skeptical about his shirt. He's like, "actually all I wanted was 57 jars of baby food, a college savings fund, a real bed, clothes, toys and a house with a lawn."



I thought they meant something else when they said "Christmas cracker"....






Unwrapping presents from the cousins.I got the ribbon!!




Christmas morning

The bounty from Santa Claus. I have such mixed feelings about the lie of Santa Claus. Sometimes I don't even want Beckett to believe the hype. Why lie to your kid only to make them really really sad a few years later when you tell them you deliberately tricked them with what, in retrospect, seems a completely implausible scenario. But since he didn't know what was going on anyway I just put out some presents and let it go at that.














11 comments:

  1. If wrapping paper had some nutritious value or came in different flavors... One can only dream. Maybe next you can introduce Beckett to those packing peanuts made from corn starch. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purpose of Santa Clause is to


    BELIEVE

    in faith, magic, childhood, dreams, hopes,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love your jammies. Nothing like a good pair of silk jammies! It looks like you guys had fun. Can't wait for our marathon playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your commentaries Dawnell. And of course Beckett and the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could he be any cuter!!! And yes I LOVE< LOVE your PJ's.... I WANT THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a cutie! I love that one with the ribbon.

    (PS - since becoming a mom I have this weird issue with Santa Claus too. We'll of course go along with it, but I get what you mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just decided that when our kids asked us point-blank about Santa, we would tell them the truth(which happened this year with our 7 year old). I never believed in Santa as a kid and I was not damaged in any way and I still believe in magic, childhood, dreams and all that, but I knew when my parents told me that something was true, I believed them. As long as what Christmas is really about is not overshadowed by the magic of Santa, I think we're all OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently Dawnell was traumatized by finding out that Santa wasn't real. My theory is that as a last child she never got the chance to hide the truth from younger siblings, which was always lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Santa or not...that kid got SPOILED! Look at his big eyes and adorable smile. And look at YOU in your hottie jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this blog and I wasn't there. But I guess I am always satisfied with Beckett pictures, so you filled my beckett need anyway, he is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this blog and wasn't there so I am glad you filled us in a little! =) Beckett is getting so animated! I'm excited to see him (and of course, you) soon.

    ReplyDelete