Thursday, April 12, 2007

All Dilated Up With No Place to Go

Today's doctors appointment confirmed what I already knew was happening.....nothing. I'm dilated to 1 cm and about 50% effaced. So not much progress. According to Chris I have 4 more days until I'm allowed to be depressed or upset about this. Perhaps a miracle will happen and the baby will still come "early". But I don't really count 1 day before the due date as early. I guess anything can happen, but it seems like I'll follow the tradition of many first babies and end up going late.



I think the above picture is kind of ugly although it was meant to be amusing so here's another one of me at Week 39.


3 comments:

  1. Not sure what I just did.. But in my first post I was cheering on the baby to come join all of us. We wish you luck- please call us for anything we are just one elevator ride away :-) Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look cute on that ball, Dawnell. And, maybe you should do some more walking around the city. That may help. Doesn't Elise say walking helped her with a good labor and most likely Dallin coming early? (If I didn't got my facts straight, sorry Elise)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bounce harder Dawnell! Just kidding, don't let em trick ya, theres nothin you can do to make that baby come early, they come when they want to come. Just tell yourself it will be a week late, that way if he comes any earlier you will be happily surprised!

    ReplyDelete