Monday, April 16, 2007

Quick Update So You Don't Need To Call...

Here is your update! I assume you are all checking the blog every half-hour, on the hour.

Thankfully, worlds did not collide, as I was able to interview for admission to the New York bar without Womb-Baby joining us. And before anyone asks how the interview went, it was like five minutes long and is nothing more than a formality. I get admitted next Monday, which, while a formality, is also cool.

We also had an appointment with the midwives this evening. Dawnell is progressing, and she is a 7 on the Bishop's Scale (that's some way that people measure when you are going to go into labor). A "7" means that you will definitely go into labor within a week, and probably go into labor in the next 2 to 3 days!

Dawnell was also told that one way to get things going is with a "labor salad," which is watercress, romaine lettuce, walnuts, feta, and a vinagrette. Who knew that the Greeks were the gods of inducing labor?

Speaking of ancient history, Dawnell and her mom went to the Natural History Museum today. I wasn't able to go, so here are some of us at a museum. This is actually from the Met, but you take what you can get.
Here is a cool picture of Dawnell's mom with one of the stars of Night at the Museum! The second picture is Dawnell's sisters and her at some old painting. Then me and my buff body kick it Greek style, just like the salad Dawnell will be having for breakfast, lunch, and dinnner.

2 comments:

  1. No new news today - is that because
    you are busy in labor or just busy?
    I have to say that I will be surprised if Beckett doesn't come
    today. I am sure Papa has his hand in this somehow. Can't you just hear the dialogue between the
    two of them? I have no doubt that
    Brooklyn knows Papa - she knows who
    he is in pictures and she talks to him when she is alone with his picture. I can tell you why Beckett hasn't shown his face before today...Papa! There is still time for him to come today.

    Love you two!
    Denise

    P.S. Chris have you been shopping yet? You know my cell # if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess Beckett and Papa are just having too much fun up there together. He probably likes having a little buddy and I'm sure he's got a lot to tell the little guy about his dad. Well, now he gets his own special birthday. I have nevr heard of the scale the midwives use but if the salad will do the trick then by all means eat up!

    ReplyDelete