Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Solids

Today we decided to give Beckett his first "solids". Although the directions had me make it so runny I just put the rest of it in a bottle with a big slit and he drank it up. He didn't each much from the spoon, but he didn't scream or try to push it away so I suppose we have to call it a success. We waited until the weekend so Daddy could take part and he did a great job of pouring the food in so Beckett could dribble it down his chin and realize that the spoon was much more interesting than what was on it.



What ya got there Dad?


I'm supposed to do what?



It doesn't stay in the mouth too well.



But it does stay on the nose nicely.



Give me that!


I'll do it myself.


You've got a little something right over there....


I'm done.


Overall rice cereal gets a thumbs up.

3 comments:

  1. Cereal in his nice little teacup nose! Cute!

    NONE of my kids would eat their cereal runny. They all liked it super thick and I just gave them a tablespoon or so for their first feedings- they seemed to be much happier. Well, except for Mayci who skipped the baby food phase altogether. She's been a diva since day one...

    I can't believe he's old enough for food. That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Those pictures are great of Beckett, and the bumbo really is an excellent chair. I'd like to get one for little girl when she comes. My parents always knew I was done eating when I'd bite the spoon and they couldn't get it back out of my mouth. Maybe Beckett will come up with something clever like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like he enjoyed his first solids. He is looking at that spoon like it's the best thing he's ever seen!

    ReplyDelete