Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hanging out in the park

My friend Jenny finally came back from Arizona so we could hang out. You can't trick someone into moving into your city and then leave for a month. Despite this hiccup now that she's back I'm commencing with my plan to stalk her and force her to hang out with me all the time. This week I convinced her to come with me to a farmer's market that didn't actually exist. It was supposed to be in the park, but like Brigadoon it disappeared into the mist. But at least we were at a park so we decided to play with our babies for a while.




The babies were very attractive to the older children who were at the park playing with their nannies. (I think Jenny and I were the only actual mothers there.) So one little boy came over to say hello. He patted Beckett gently on the head several times. Then things turned south. I looked away to make sure one of the many dogs present at this NOT dog park wasn't running over to eat the babies and when I turned back our new little friend had his finger under Beckett's sunglasses and was about to poke him in the eye. I grabbed his hand and pulled it back and told him to be careful. Then he started to cry and ran away. I guess he liked strangers grabbing his hand about as much as I like unsupervised children poking my baby in the eye. Way to earn your wage negligent nanny.


Since we were planning on buying produce, not playing, neither of us had a big blanket for the kids. I let Beckett lay on his carrier, but as you can see his little feet were hanging off. Well he was enjoying his time and his excited little legs were just pumping up a storm. I picked him up and noticed he had wiggled so much that he'd churned up the grass and his feet were covered in dirt. Finally, a real need for a bath.




1 comment:

  1. I impressed ... I think I would have slapped the little kid if he was trying to poke my baby.

    ReplyDelete